Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dinner with Fiona

Met up with Fiona last Friday for dinner... Fiona was my ex-manager who left a year ago to become full-time tai tai... Envy right?? She like not like those tai tai who goes shopping, high tea or mahjong session with other tai tais... Instead she is spending more time with her mum and catching up with other friends... Why? She used to work 6 days a week; Monday to Friday from 7am to 10+pm at night and 9am to 6+pm on Saturdays!! Hardworking right?? It's not just that but because she just have too much to do! After she left, her job was taken over by 2 people! Or maybe 2.5? Coz I am also doing part of what she used to do! Haha!

Chat over dinner was good as she is a good listener and adviser. I used to be afraid of her when she was my manager because she will scold for mistakes that I have done. But I accept it because she knows her stuff and to me, it's a lesson learnt. Working in this company, there will not be any guidance. You just have to do and try.. If it's wrong, you get scolded and re-do it. But it's only then you will really learn!

Told her about my situations as well and my overloaded work... As a matter of fact, I am not sure sure of what I am doing now... Told her of my idea to resign but also mentioned that it wouldn't be anytime soon... Also mentioned to her something funny... I was saying, I will be very angry if I knew that after I quit, they got to employ 2 people to share the workload I have... Coz company is really maximising me... But on the other hand, I would feel proud because I know I am capable of doing more than 1 person's job! Whahahah!!! *Dreaming*

She will also talk about her life for the past 1 year. She took up photography recently and she and her hubby will go bird-sightings!! Happening lor... I can go prawning or fishing but definitely not bird sightings... Too boring for me I guess... But it's really good for her that she finally found some new hobbies because she wouldn't be able to do so if she were still working in the company! She always wanted to do some charity work but time not right as she is taking care of her mum and having problems with her mum's maid.. But I hope she will be able to do it soon... That's 1 of the reasons she quit anyway...

After the dinner, I was thinking to myself... And Fiona also pose this question to me... "What do I want in life?"... What a difficult question to answer... There are so many things I want in life but most of them require $$$$$... Without that, I wouldn't be able to start what I wish to start and achieve... So I came to a conclusion... All I hope in life is a shelter over my head, enough to eat and no need to worry about having no money for daily needs...

Although I might not be contented with all these, but at least I know that I am more fortunate than a lot others in this world...

No comments: